Manish: I enjoy doing multiple things..

Mirch Masala

Manish: I enjoy doing multiple things..

Postby Prince » January 17th, 2018, 11:09 am

Actor and anchor Maniesh Paul has now turned singer. The anchor and Iulia Vantur have lent their voices for a single called 'Harjai'.

Excited about the new chapter in his life, Maniesh says, "Music has always been a part of my life and I would sing at school and college functions. I even wooed my wife by singing songs. I never thought about singing professionally, as I was focused on other aspects of my career. But once I met Salman (Khan) bhai during a TV show and he heard me singing, and we began talking about it. I told him I would love to open an event with a singing act, so he agreed and asked me to open the Da-Bangg tour with my act, which was a rap. We have performed in many cities since then, and each time, my act was received well and people loved it. That gave me a lot of confidence."

Apparently, Maniesh met singer Sachin Gupta a few months later and they happened to work on a song.

Talking about how he veered towards music, Maniesh says, "We were chatting and he asked me to dub the song, so I did that. We took the song to Salman bhai at his farm and he loved it too. He said that we should turn it into a single. Iulia was there as well, and we started jamming and humming the song. She has a unique style of singing and I asked her if she would like to sing the song, and that's how she came into the picture."

But is singing going to be a permanent part of Maniesh's career henceforth?

The anchor says, "I have always been an entertainer. I have been a radio jockey, I've acted in TV serials, hosted TV shows and stage shows, I am doing films, and now I'm singing. I don't think about what I will and won't do. I enjoy doing multiple things and entertaining people. I am not a trained singer, though, and I sound decent as a singer. Who knows? I might sing playback for Salman sir someday or maybe sing my own songs in my film."

Prince

Return to Mirch Masala