Behind the scenes of Golmaal Again

Discuss Movies

Postby shaiprajapati » August 10th, 2017, 2:01 pm

It's time for the actors to start dancing.

Ajay Devgn takes his mark. He just has to move his hand and blow confetti. On his third attempt, the shot is okayed.

After that, Devgn strolls over to the media for a chat.

"Mujhe jitna aata hain main utna karta hoon (I do what I can). I am not a dancer," the action hero tells us.

The next shot is ready, now, the other actors have to joins Devgn.

Arshad Warsi, Tusshar Kapoor, Shreyas Talpade, Kunal Khemmu and Parineeti Chopra have to do the signature Golmaal step.

"The music is mass-y," Ganesh says. "We have done the Golmaal signature hook step, but with a difference. This time, we will repeat the hook step twice."

The song also has Singham's signature step. That, Ganesh adds, was Rohit's idea.

Rohit, of course, directed the Singham movies as well.

The actors do the hook step, but something is amiss.

Parineeti is asked to lip sync as the camera is on her. The actors have to go through it twice before the take is okayed.

"Pack up!" Rohit yells.

The spotboys come over to sweep the confetti and dismantle the cameras, wires, lights...

The next day, the call time is 9 am.

The actors return to their vanity vans.

It's 6 pm and we return to our rooms.

We're scheduled to meet the actors at 8 pm for an informal dinner.

We'll save that story for another time.

shaiprajapati

Postby shaiprajapati » August 10th, 2017, 2:01 pm

Parineeti Chopra enters wearing sunglasses, and finds the room very dark.

Then, she explains, "Golmaal is not complete without sunglasses."

It is hot in Hyderabad, and Parineeti tells us the earlier schedule for Golmaal was worse. Temperatures touched 40 degrees and the scenes were being shot in an open field at Ramoji Film City.

"It was difficult to even breathe," Parineeti, who is making her debut in a Golmaal films, says.

"We are all wearing black which adds to the heat. Also, the kind of dance we were doing, we were automatically doing cardio. It was madness!"

Kunal Khemmu, who joined the series in the third film, says, "Working on Golmaal is like a joyride. The last scene looks like you are in an amusement park. The film (shoot) is coming to an end and there is sadness. But there's also excitement to see it in theatres."

There are a slew of high-end cars on the sets. How many of them will be blown up in this film?

"Main detox par hoon," Rohit Shetty says with a straight face. "I will not blow a single car (to be blown up) in this one."

shaiprajapati

Next

Return to Discuss Movies